What are meta tags for SEO?
Category : Search Engine Optimization
What are Meta tags ?
Meta tags are utilized to sum up data of a page for search engine crawlers. This data is not specifically visible to people going to your website. The most mainstream are the meta keywords and description tag. These meta tags to be inserted into the region of your page.
A few years back meta tags were the essential instrument for search engine optimization and there was an immediate relationship between’s keywords in the meta tags and your positioning in the search comes about. Be that as it may, algorithms have better and today the significance of metadata is falling step by step.
Meta tags are situated inside your html’s head section.
<head>Meta tags are found here</head>
There are 3 vital parts of Meta tags that you can utilize:
- Title Tags – The title tag is the title message that is appeared in search engine postings. I realize this is not really a meta tag, but rather it also works like one.
<title>Title content here</title>
- Description – The meta description tag is the place you would need to put your site’s summary. This is the place you put what truly matters to your site and what you are putting forth individuals. It ought not be too long on the grounds that the search engines just read up to a specific number of words.
<meta name=”description” content=”This is the place you put your site’s summary”/>
- Keywords – The meta keywords tag is the place you put the majority of the keywords you use in your site. This is fundamentally where you need the words which will take you to the highest point of the SERPs page to be. Your keywords are essential – regardless of the possibility that you take away the greater part of alternate words, the client ought to have the capacity to comprehend what your site is about when they read your keywords.
<meta name=”keywords” content=”SEO, Hacker, Google, Search, and so forth”/>
These 3 things make up your meta tags.
The significance of meta tags is that the search engines read them keeping in mind the end goal to analyze if these keywords and the description are connected with the obvious content. Are your keywords show in your website page? Is your meta description related with your content and your site’s niche? There is sure weight in your meta tags that the search engines see, that being the reason, wouldn’t you need to do everything keeping in mind the end goal to bring your page a tad bit higher in the SERPs? That is precisely the motivation behind why meta tags is vital.
NOTE: Even if meta tags don’t hold much water with regards to page ranking, their significance is still present as the search engine robots validate their relativity to your content and site niche.
Latest posts by Saurav Deo (see all)
- Unmasking 7 myths about Magento eCommerce platforms - June 27, 2017
- 13 Solid Evidences Why Magento is Beneficial for eCommerce Platform - June 16, 2017
- Built A Social Media Presence From Scratch - June 12, 2017